We are looking for an Agronomy Manager to provide day to day advice and expertise to the Growing Teams. You will need to ensure that plant growth conditions are maximised to produce the best quality crop possible whilst meeting production planning requirements in line with our marketing plan. You will have overall responsibility for the Agronomic operations of our sites. You will be part of the senior management team so you will be required to report on the progress and raise any issues. You will play a key role informing and supporting cropping strategy decisions for the business.
Salary will be based on experience and qualifications
Additional Benefits: Bupa, Pension, Mobile phone, Company vehicle
- Ensure early identification and control of pests and diseases and to provide guidance and help on methods of control for them with written work plans
- To embrace new sensors and monitoring equipment, research and deliver potential new technologies and automation.
- Study crop production techniques to discover the best methods
- To assist in the completion of audits when required
- Work with our managers to decide best strategies to grow the crops
- Crop Estimating
- Organising biological stocks, deliveries and application dates
- Ensuring all H&S policies and procedures are being followed
- Maintaining your own professional development and keep up to date with new techniques and production systems through industry specific courses, industry contacts, conferences and to impart this knowledge to the key members of the team.
- Advise and guide irrigation strategy
- Investigate crop problems and develop solutions whilst assisting with the introduction of new methods of growing crops to secure more efficient production, improved quality, and higher yields.
- Provide advice and assistance to maximise the crop potential (Develop and improve crop SOP & Blue prints)
- To provide management cover at other sites as required covering absences
- Being involved in company projects
- Assist other departments when necessary
- Assist in delivering training and development of the farm operations team
Experience and Qualifications:
- At least 2 years’ Agronomy experience
- Over 5 years of experience in the agricultural/horticultural industry
- Degree in agriculture/horticulture, science or other appropriate horticultural qualifications
- Desirable qualifications: FACTs, BASIS, PA1 and PA2, etc. Training will be provided for the right candidate
- We want an energetic individual with strong communication and observational skills
- You will need to be able to accept accountability and take personal ownership of your responsibilities.
- As a senior team member you will need to be a strong decision-maker, able to adapt and be flexible.
- You will need to be well organised, able to prioritise your tasks and have good attention to detail.
- You will need to have a detailed understanding of plant physiology and have advanced horticulture and agricultural technical expertise.
- You will need to be open to innovation and have the ability to evaluate options critically.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org