We have the opportunity for someone to join our team full time as a horticultural technician.
You will be responsible for ensuring plant health and conditions are maintained by monitoring, observing and gathering data. Reporting to the Manager, you will be ensuring activities and technical operations are carried our efficiently and comply with company policies. You will be part of all key activity’s involved in growing crops.
Standard Working Hours: 7am - 4pm (this will vary due to the seasonal nature of the business)
Pay: starts at £9.87 an hour (potentially more depending on experience) and bonus.
28 days holiday, Pension and Cycle to work scheme
Application Deadline: Sunday 28th November 2021
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the plants are irrigated correctly
- Conducting visual health checks on all plants and report on health, pest and disease and growing practice
- Applying and mixing the fertilisers
- Maintaining and servicing equipment and machinery
- Keeping accurate records
- General farm work including general tractor driving
- We want someone who is interested in horticulture and keen to learn more about soft fruit production
- You must be able to follow instruction, be responsible and trustworthy
- Good attention to detail and be able to accurately collect and record data
Work experience requirements:
- 2-3 years general farm work
Education / Training requirements:
- Driving Licence minimum B category
- First Aid
- Good understanding of English
- Tertiary qualification in Horticulture or similar is preferred
- Previous experience working on a farm or similar role is preferred
If this positions sounds interesting to you please apply using the link below. When making your application upload your CV and write a short description of why you think you are a good candidate for this position.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org